Why you should hire a professional arborist to prune your trees and shrubs
Often people want to help care for their trees by pruning them themselves, which is great but often it often causes more harm then help. In fact, pruning trees is a very technical procedure and is carried out with specific and clearly defined objectives. An experienced eye from a trained arborist skilfully identifies each branch that needs to be removed, and removed with the proper cuts. If the wrong branches are removed, or too many branches are removed, even with proper cuts, you risk ruining the look and health of your tree.
Why you should prune your trees and shrubs
Pruning is extremely important for maintaining the overall health and safety of trees.
Pruning is typically used to:
- Improve a tree’s structure
- Increase safety by reducing branch failure potential
- Clearance from roadways, buildings, driveways, etc.
- Reduce shade and wind resistance.
- Improve a view
- Increase flower or fruit production
How is this achieved?
- Removal of dead, damaged, and diseased branches
- Thinning and reduction cuts
- Raising for proper clearance
The site, time of year, species, size, vitality and maturity, are all factors that need to be considered by an arborist that can affect pruning objectives. Improper cuts lead to decay and affect a tree’s ability to heal the wound properly. In turn, it affects the health and vigour of a tree
Call us at (780) 860-5500 to have your trees assessed by our experienced arborists, or fill out our form below for a free quote.